All south-east Queensland prisons have moved to Stage 3 restrictions.
All personal and professional visits, including legal, service provider and official visits, have been suspended to the following Queensland prisons on the advice of the Chief Health Officer (CHO):
- Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Correctional Centre
- Borallon Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Women’s Correctional Centre
- Southern Queensland Correctional Centre
- Wolston Correctional Centre
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Maryborough Correctional Centre
- Numinbah Correctional Centre
- Palen Creek Correctional Centre
- Helana Jones Centre.
Only essential workers including officers and Queensland Health staff will be permitted entry to these prisons, and every person entering a prison will undergo health screening including thermal imaging.
New reception prisoners are subject to 14-day isolation protocols. This will also apply to prisoners leaving the centre and returning, including for the purpose of attendance at court.
Community Corrections offices in Southern, South Coast, Brisbane and North Coast districts, as well as Hervey Bay and Bundaberg, have also moved to Stage 3 restrictions.
Could practitioners who attended the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre on or after Sunday 16 August, and subsequently visited any additional correctional facilities please advise QLS? Names are not required, only the centres visited and time of the visits. This will assist QCS determine whether extra precautions are required at specific centres.