The Public Trustee of Queensland has kindly provided an updated list of email addresses for use by legal practitioners, as follows:
- firstname.lastname@example.org: To correspond with a Trust Officer on one of the Public Trustee’s existing customer’s matters. Note: The Public Trustee’s customer reference should be included in the subject or body of the email.
- ClientEnquiries@pt.qld.gov.au: To contact the Public Trustee with a general enquiry.
- email@example.com: To give the Public Trustee a copy of a notice of an intention to apply for a grant of probate or letters of administration under Rule 598 of the Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 1999.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: To request an estimate of the Public Trustee’s fund management fees to administer a damages award. Note: The request must be in a prescribed form generated via the Public Trustee’s estimate request software. For more information please see Fee Estimates – The Public Trustee of Queensland.
- email@example.com: To request the Public Trustee’s sanction of a compromise of a legal claim under section 59 of the Public Trustee Act 1978. Please email a completed sanction questionnaire.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: To serve proceedings on the Public Trustee (in his representative or corporate capacity), including service of applications for the court’s sanction of a compromise under section 59 of the Public Trustee Act 1978 as required by Supreme Court of Queensland Practice Direction No.15 of 2018. Email service is accepted at the time of receipt if during our Brisbane business hours (9am – 4pm Monday to Friday, excluding Brisbane public holidays). If the email is received outside business hours, service is deemed to have been made at 9am the next business day.
- email@example.com: To notify the Public Trustee if you are unhappy with our service or something we have or haven’t done. Alternatively, the form on the Public Trustee’s website can be used: Make a complaint.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: To provide any other feedback to the Public Trustee. Alternatively, compliments can be sent to the Public Trustee via this form on the Public Trustee’s website: Compliments.
- email@example.com: For media requests.
See the Public Trustee’s website for more information.
For practitioners dealing with a lawyer at the Office of the Official Solicitor on a particular customer matter, it is appropriate to communicate by using the lawyer’s email address, except for service. In such a case, it will be necessary to use firstname.lastname@example.org for service, and to cc the particular lawyer at the Office of the Official Solicitor who has the conduct of the matter for the customer or the corporation.