After moving past the 14-day period since the positive COVID-19 cases at the Queensland Corrective Services Academy and Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre (AGCC), yesterday AGCC progressed from Stage 4 to Stage 3 restrictions.
This means that the status of centres from Sunday, 13 September 2020, is as follows:
Stage 2 restrictions:
- Lotus Glen Correctional Centre
- Townsville Correctional Complex
- Capricornia Correctional Centre
Stage 3 restrictions:
- Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre
- Maryborough Correctional Centre
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Numinbah Correctional Centre
- Helana Jones Centre
- Brisbane Correctional Centre
- Wolston Correctional Centre
- Brisbane Women’s Correctional Centre
- Borallon Training and Correctional Centre
- Palen Creek Correctional Centre
- Southern Queensland Correctional Centre
- Escort and Security Branch
Correctional centre videoconferencing and telephone contact escalation points
The centre escalation point details have been updated. Woodford Correctional Centre Superintendent Stuart McHaffie is on leave; Blair McLean will be the escalation point at AGCC from the next two weeks.
Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre operations
There will no receptions from the watch houses into AGCC today. Intakes should recommence tomorrow (Tuesday), with both AGCC and Brisbane Correctional Centre then receiving prisoners from the watch houses as per usual practice.
Business-as-usual activities will be progressed across this week at AGCC as staffing numbers continue to rise.
The centre has undertaken work to move some videoconferencing (VC) units in order to create efficiencies and manage prisoner movements to VC suites in the safest manner possible. The centre has noted variability in demand for access across different days, so will work with legal representatives requesting access in order to facilitate the earliest timeslot available.