The Southport courthouse has been closed following overnight damage from a burst water pipe.
The Magistrates Court Service advises that at this stage there will be no public access to the Southport Courthouse today.
The Chief Magistrate has approved the following arrangements for Southport Magistrates Court for Tuesday 10 May 2022:
- Subject to any arrangements for the District and Supreme Court, the registry and courthouse will not be open to the public.
- Urgent domestic and family violence matters will proceed by telephone or video-link.
- Urgent documents can be filed by emailing the courthouse: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Watchhouse custody matters will proceed by telephone or video-link.
- Those wishing to appear by telephone should contact the registry for details on 1300 516 700.
- All other matters, including hearings and sentences, will be adjourned. Notices of adjournment will be sent by text, email or mail.
It was confirmed yesterday afternoon that the courthouse would return to ‘business as usual’ tomorrow.