NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 94th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of members of Queensland Law Society Incorporated will be held in the Auditorium, Level 2, Law Society House, 179 Ann Street, Brisbane at 5pm on Wednesday 7 December 2022.
- Confirmation of Minutes of the AGM held on 8 December 2021.
- Reception of the Annual Report and Financial Statement of the Council for the year ended 30 June 2022.
- Consideration of any motion, notice of which has been given in accordance with the requirements of Rule 60(2) of the Legal Profession (Society) Rules 2007.
- Such further business as may lawfully be brought before the meeting.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIRTUAL ATTENDANCE:
- Confirm your virtual attendance by registering online at www.qls.com.au/agm by 5pm on Monday 5 December 2022. Should you wish to register after this date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a registration confirmation email immediately after processing registration on the website. Should you not receive this email, please contact email@example.com.
- Registered virtual attendees will receive an AGM confirmation email from Tuesday 6 December 2022 containing a hyperlink and instructions for virtual attendance.
- Follow the instructions contained in the email and logon to the meeting at 5pm on Wednesday 7 December 2022.
31 October 2022
INSTRUCTIONS FOR IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE:
If you would like to attend in person, please register online by 5pm on Monday 5 December 2022 at www.qls.com.au/agm and by email firstname.lastname@example.org for all registrations after this date. Any full member whose subscription is not in arrears and who is present in person, virtually or by proxy is entitled to vote at the meeting.
A member who is entitled to vote, but who is unable to attend in person or virtually, may appoint one proxy who is another member who is entitled to vote. To be valid, the completed proxy form must be received by the Secretary by 5pm on Monday 5 December 2022.
Completed proxy forms can be returned by:
- Scanning and emailing – Attention: Corporate Secretary, email@example.com
- Post – Attention: Corporate Secretary, GPO Box 1785, Brisbane, Queensland, 4001
- Hand delivery – Attention: Corporate Secretary, Level 2, Law Society House, 179 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
A proxy form can be downloaded from the QLS website.
The Society’s Annual Report, including financial statements, is published on the Society’s website.