Queensland Law Society 2021 President Elizabeth Shearer is featured in the latest podcast in the Reimagining Justice series.
In a discussion with host Andrea Perry-Petersen, subjects covered include issues at the intersection of innovation, law and social justice, including:
- the impact of COVID-19 on the profession
- what changes should remain
- the purpose of the QLS Access to Justice Committee and the ‘scorecard’
- best uses for technology and the opportunity before the profession
- Elizabeth’s journey to establish Affording Justice
- how the Affording Justice model has evolved;
- key takeaways from her Churchill Trust research into telephone delivery
- how to define success as a lawyer
- guidance on low bono and unbundling
- how Elizabeth will know she’s been a success as QLS President, and
- Elizabeth’s definition of legal innovation!
The podcast is No.49 in the Reimagining Justice series, which began two years ago and features discussions with leading legal innovators from around the world.